RYSE Hawaii seeks a Program Manager to oversee the day to day operation of the street
outreach and diversion programs, supervise staff, ensure compliance, and maintain the integrity of the program. The Program Manager ensures staff remains well-trained, follows evidence-based and trauma-informed principles and practices, and that clinical and supportive services are aligned with staff ability and expertise.
● Provides knowledge of evidence-based concepts, principles, procedures and practices for youth experiencing or at-risk of homelessness.
● The development, implementation, and evaluation of a quality trauma informed program that adheres to and upholds the rigorous standards of RYSE as mandated by its mission, purpose, guiding principles and standards of quality.
● Responsible for personnel management to include the hiring, training, supervision, agency goals, and evaluation of program staff, interns and volunteers.
● Coordinate in-service trainings and staff meetings for the purpose of training/supervising staff and facilitating communication among team members.
● Supervise and train shelter staff, assist with care plan and coordination through a
● In conjunction with the Executive Director, update and maintain program policies
and procedures in compliance with regulations. Maintain good working knowledge of RYSE Policy and Procedure Manual and ensure that staff do the same.
● Establish and maintain linkage relationships with agencies, organizations, and civic and community groups and maintain oversight of referral processes.
● Ensures data collection and use of database systems for reporting, contract compliance and agency goals accountability. Completes necessary reports and statistics to funding sources.
● Assist in management of contract budget line items related to component that
includes monitoring of expenses and processing of appropriate expenditure forms.
● Coordinates and attends required meetings, including, but not limited to
supervision, staff meetings, trainings, and funder trainings and meetings.
● Maintains and ensures staff maintains confidentiality and privacy standards of
service partner protected health information and other applicable information and material in accordance to agency policies, and applicable regulations and laws
including HIPAA, and state and federal laws on victim confidentiality. ● Performs other related tasks as assigned.
• Degree from a four-year college or university in social sciences, criminal justice, or related field.
● Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working with high risk adolescents.
● Experience in case management with youth and families providing assessment,
crisis intervention and education required.
● Must possess or be willing to develop working knowledge of trauma-informed
care and dual diagnosis treatment; experience working in trauma-informed and dual diagnosis preferred. Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care and Seeking Safety is a plus.
● Preferred: Experience in a supervisory role; Experience developing policies and procedures; Experience working in grant-funded role.
● Able to work in a very diverse setting with people of all backgrounds, culture and orientation.
● Ability to work effectively and exhibit professional work ethics, working cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, administration and other stakeholders within the community.
● Ability to (re) prioritize and multi-task is a must.
● Knowledge of case coordination and collaboration with multiple agencies and
public entities a must.
● Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving abilities, creativity, and public
● Proficient in use of computer technology including HMIS.
● Ability to complete a variety of daily, bi-weekly, and monthly documentation, as
well as data collection.
● Ability to respond efficiently and effectively in emergency situations.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Familiarity with juvenile justice and social service systems preferred.
● Must have reliable vehicle, relevant auto insurance, a clean driving record, valid
driver’s license and willing to drive vehicle for job related tasks.
● Maintain certification in CPR & First Aid.
● We believe in second chances. Individuals with challenging backgrounds are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000 – $70,000 /year