Youth Housing Case Manager
The Youth Housing Case Manager is responsible for facilitating pathways to permanent housing for youth who are on the street or in the RYSE program. He/she/they oversees housing-focused case management and fills a central role in linking youth experiencing housing instabilities to an appropriate housing plan and supporting the team in sustaining placements.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Salary Range: $42,00 – $47,000
- Facilitate re-housing activities using a housing first approach
- Conduct screening and assessment with participants, including hard to reach clients, with the objective of determining housing barriers, and appropriate housing intervention.
- Facilitate the housing planning process, including oversight of barriers, assessment/VI-SPDAT, and putting eligible clients on a path to maintaining housing.
- Document service encounters as required, input data in a timely manner in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), excel spreadsheets, and/or case management database as program requires.
- Practice positive youth engagement through persistent and creative engagement to motivate, encourage participation, and promote follow-through to obtain and maintain stable housing.
- Remain primary point of contact while client moves through the housing process.
- Oversee the development and implementation of individual success plans in the housing stabilization program, including identification of barriers to obtaining/maintaining housing and steps to overcome them.
- Conduct home visits on a regular schedule
- Oversee appropriate discharge plans from permanent housing programs.
- Participates in staff meetings and other group activities essential for operations
- Leads team discussions on client progress and lack of progress and helps to develop possible solutions to ensure best support for the client’s success.
- Promotes good community relations and utilizes community services and resources.
- Attends scheduled training programs for professional development that includes, at a minimum, trainings required by RYSE and by regulatory and accrediting bodies. • Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in a related industry or field (human services, counseling, business management, etc.)
- One-two years of experience working in case management or housing navigation environment with a particular focus on young adults ages 18-24
- Knowledge of available community resources and services
- Proficient in use of computer technology primarily Microsoft WORD & EXCEL, HMIS.
- Ability to complete a variety of daily, bi-weekly, and monthly documentation, as well as data collection.
- Ability to respond efficiently and effectively in emergency situations.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality of member information
- Perform general clerical duties including recordkeeping and filing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Valid HI driver’s license and reliable transportation and/or own vehicle.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. In the course of performing the job, this position typically spends time sitting, standing, climbing stairs, walking, driving, carrying (50lbs), and lifting (50lbs), bending, stooping. Operating a computer keyboard, firm/strong grasping, and repetitive hand control. Makes and receives telephone calls. Use of general office equipment copier, fax machine and basic office equipment. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com